Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mango/Pineapple Green Smoothie

This is my new favorite green smoothie. I am so addicted.
We had this in Austin at The Daily Juice when we traveled there at the beginning of August. I think I have come close to the recipe, and have had fun trying to perfect it. Of course as always you can adapt it to your taste. If you like it a bit tangier, add a little more lime and salt. Salt?? Yes salt!!

1 cup frozen pineapple
1 cup frozen mango
1 avocado
a handful of fresh spinach
a splash of lime
a few shakes of Pink Himalayan sea salt
water to loosen, about 1/2-3/4 of a cup

Blend till smooth and drink!

I love getting my organic greens (spinach and baby kale) and frozen fruit at Costco since its such a great deal, and pre-washed. (Of course a little extra wash on the greens might be a good idea.) The pineapple unfortunately is not organic, so this time I bought the organic cherries. I made this same recipe with the cherries instead of the pineapple and it was pretty tasty. Something about lime and salt in a smoothie is so amazing...its a smoothie-rita!



No comments:

Post a Comment