Friday, September 14, 2012

"Cheesy" Veg Pasta Salad

Its Friday!
Its also almost time to pick up my next basket so I need to use up what I have in the refrigerator. A few great ways to do that is to make soup, stir fry, or pasta. This recipe is for pasta, I have most of the ingredients for one of my favorite pasta dishes and it will use up some of what I have. A huge key to eating healthy inexpensively is to use what you buy, and Friday is a great day to plan a use-up-whats-in-the-refrigerator meal. This is my "Cheesy" Veg Pasta.

This is what I have:

This is what I picked:
Cooked the pasta. I always use brown rice pasta. I love the flavor/texture of it and its not as processed as white wheat pasta. I get it at Sprouts or Fresh & Easy. Toss it with olive oil and garlic once cooked.
Choop up everything I pulled out, add salt and pepper, and garlic. Fresh basil would be great in this too.
Throw in the pasta. I like too add it when its still pretty warm. It helps mix everything together and its a nice temp to serve. Then I added about 1/3 cup of nutritional yeast which adds the cheesy flavor and is packed with nutrition as it has lots of essential amino acids which is great if you are avoiding animal proteins.


No comments:

Post a Comment