Thursday, September 13, 2012

Veggie pizza

I love making this once a week if I can as a little treat or some variation of it. I get the whole wheat dough at Fresh & Easy. They freeze really good by the way if you want to stock up. Its nice to have them on stand by.
I roll it out and drizzle olive oil, add garlic and salt and bake it.


Then in this recipe I sautéed:
Garlic
1 onion
A little crushed red chili pepper
And a few capers in olive oil
Then added:
1 zucchini diced
1 yellow squash diced

When those were done I turned off the heat and added two big handfuls of baby spinach and some fresh chopped basil and stirred until those were just a little wilted.


Now your crust is like garlic bread, yum. Cut it as you would pizza and top with the veggies. I also like to add tomatoes to this recipe by adding them to the stir fry vegetables when I add the onions and garlic. Of course you will find what you like to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment