Monday, August 27, 2012

Bountiful Basket for This Week

I think this is such a great deal. We received a box full of organic produce for $25. If you don't opt for the organic its only $15 but I think its well worth the upgrade. Its so nice to wash everything as soon as I get it in the house and put it away cleaned for convenience later. I immediately made us a nice dinner salad using the iceberg, endive, green onion, nectarines, carrots and broccoli. I made a dressing of sesame oil, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, and agave. 
Chop up and use the broccoli stem too, its very tasty and nutritious. Also, keep the root end of the green onions to plant. Since these are organic I like replant seeds or cuttings for my garden, and of course compost what we dont use.



On Saturday night we utilized some of our basket to make veggie wraps!
The swiss chard leaves are perfect for wraps. I also used carrots, cucumbers, cauliflower, green onions, cabbage (that I already had) and made a tahini sauce.

Tahini Sauce:
1/2 c sesame seeds
1/2 c water
1 clove garlic
juice of half a lemon
1/2 a red bell pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Then I added a spoon full of beans that I was making from the crock pot.


They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment