Friday, August 31, 2012

RAW Pesto Pasta

This raw pasta dish turned out surprisingly good and easy.
We invested in this spiraler online. My husband bought it on Amazon after researching reviews. 


You can use zucchini or yellow squash and spiral about 2-3 of them depending on their size. You can also use a mandoline slicer or a veggie peeler. I actually like the size and texture of using the veggie peeler but it takes longer.

In the blender I added an avocado (avocados add body, nutrition, and can help make a raw dish more filling), a cup of sun dried tomatoes, a large bunch of basil, 2 cloves garlic, 2-3 Tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
In a separate bowl I chopped 1/2 an onion (fine chop is better) and 3 roma tomatoes.
Then I added them and the pesto the past an tossed until well coated.
If you like sprinkle on some nutritional yeast. Dinners ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment